Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Schwidel Alt - Vertigo Brewing

Being the relative beer virgin of the group, my posts aren't going to be nearly as in-depth (i.e. elitist) or provocative (i.e. snobbish) but hopefully I can provide some insight for the more amaturists beer-drinkers that may happen upon our blog.

So last night after work I met some coworkers for the Hillsboro Tuesday Summer Street Fair. It was pretty much what you would expect. What I didn't expect was finding a fairly decent beer at the Venetian Movie Theater and Restaurant where we decided to have dinner.

As always, on the semi-rare occasion I want a beer, I asked what the seasonal beer on tap was and it turned out to be the Schwindel Alt from Vertigo Brewing. I understand that this brewery is fairly new and based here in Hillsboro where I work. Here's the website:

So this was a German alt style beer whatever that means. I call it a brown ale. It was kinda like Alaskan Amber to me which I like. I guess that would make it an Amber Ale though, so I really don't know. Stacey said it was "sunset bronze" colored. I am going to go with that.

So I'm already bored of writing this and I haven't even got to how the beer is. I'll make it short. It was good. It had a creamy head (that's what she said) and a good balance. It wasn't super exciting or complicated in its taste, but that's how I like my beer. Easy to drink with no aftertaste. It was just slightly sweet (bit o' honey?) but otherwise pretty standard for a darkish ale. I will be interested to try the other offerings from Vertigo Brewing. Not a big fan of the symptom, but becoming a big fan of the brewery.

Final Grade = B+

--Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment